Reports and Publications
- Building Skills through Summer Jobs – This report from JPMorgan Chase Foundation provides a detailed review of national youth employment challenges and resources through the lens of the foundation’s funded jobs programs.
- Partnerships for Summer Youth Employment – This report from the U.S. Conference of Mayors describes leading youth employment programs across the United States, including the Grow Detroit’s Young Talent initiative in Detroit.
- The Why and How of Collaboration -This document provides a list of reasons why collaborating is in your best interests, and provides practice-based tips on how to be successful at working with other organizations.
- City ’s Top Ten Grant Writing Tips – Originally written in 2005 and revisited and re-posted here for 2012, these ten tips will help you become a more successful grant writer.
- Grow Detroit’s Young Talent 2011 Program Summary – This report, written by City , describes outcomes of the 2011 Grow Detroit’s Young Talent program and fundraising campaign, managed by City on behalf of the Detroit Youth Employment Consortium.
- Navigating Turbulent Times – This report, written by City , is the product of a series of listening sessions convened by City in 2009 to better understand the impact that the recession was having on the area’s nonprofit service providers.
- Innovating Under Pressure – This report from the U.S. Department of Labor describes Detroit’s innovative response to the rapid scaling of youth employment resources under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Chronicle of City , 2001-2006 – This report, written by City , chronicles the results of the agency’s 2001-2005 demonstration program, which led to the continuation of City as a permanent community capacity for changemaking.
- DetroitCONNECTED Think Tank Findings – This report describes the findings of the DetroitCONNECTED Think Tank, convened to develop recommendations for improving technology integration in Detroit.